Important to Cherry...
- Being safe
- Being involved in every activity
- Being listened to
- Knowing the rules and understanding why they are there
- Using all the cool resources in school, especially computers
- HAVING FUN!
- We design and use personalised curriculums and behaviour plans for our students
- We provide differentiated resources and lesson targets
- We use symbols and text in class and in resources so they are accessible to all our students
- We support our students in developing and using a method of communication which is appropriate to them
- We provide 1:1 support when it is needed but encourage all our students to be as independent as possible, both in work and during social times
- We ensure that all staff know each child's programme and are suitable trained to deliver it
Unique Class Qualities...
- Cherry is a LOUD class - both staff and students!
- We work together as a team to ensure that every student's needs are met
- Key Stage 3 is where Kelford students start to become young adults and we support them in this by acting as role models and encouraging independence
- We deliver lessons which everyone can take part in and help our students achieve targets which are challenging to them
- We make sure that the students are enjoying themselves - and that we are too!