Our Ethos & Values
Be proud; be the best you can be
- We want our school to be a positive, ambitious, welcoming and nurturing place where everyone is respected and listened to.
- We want everyone to be supported and challenged to reach their potential and be prepared for the next step in their lives.
- We uphold high expectations and take pride in ourselves, our successes, our achievement and our work.
Our Vision is underpinned by our P.R.I.D.E. Values
- P upil Voice - enabling all learners to communicate their needs, choice and control
- R espect - respect for one another and our environment
- I ndependence - encouraging all learners to be as independent as possible
- D ignity - implementing the highest levels of care and concern at all times
- E ntitlement - the right to receive a broad and balanced, high quality, personalised learning programme
- To recognise that every child is an individual with individual needs and abilities and to ensure they have access to a curriculum which embraces the development of cognitive, social, moral, spiritual and creative learning.
- To ensure that pedagogy and assessment enable and reflect the progress made by individuals.
- To provide an environment in which each individual can develop and make progress.
- To provide a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum which meets the needs of our pupils.
- To promote high expectations for learning, behaviour and teaching to monitor standards of pupil achievement and the quality of teaching.
- To provide an exciting and challenging environment for learning.
- To ensure that each pupil is able to achieve his or her fullest potential through planning, recording, assessing and monitoring in a systematic way.